Diesels Only
1400 West Alameda
Denver, CO 80223
(303) 778-6511

General Motors and Isuzu have officially stitched together 1.5 million Duramax 6.6-liter diesel engines. The joint venture between the two manufacturers started in 1998, and now the DMAX plant employs 517 workers in a 584,000 square-foot facility. GM introduced the Duramax turbo diesel engine to the US market for the 2001 model year, and it can be found trucks like the Chevrolet Silverado HD and GMC Sierra HD as well as the full-size Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana vans. In its current configuration, the engine yields 397 horsepower and 765 pound-feet of torque at just 1,600 rpm. Of course, the big oil burner has plenty of tuning potential as well. As you may recall, a Duramax-powered truck recently set the land speed record for towing a vehicle at 142 miles per hour. GM owns 60 percent of the joint venture, with Isuzu laying claim to the remaining 40 percent. The facility is located in Chicago.

IsuzuDiesel 

Here at Diesels Only we work on all the various Isuzu diesel engines, be it in your pickup, van or heavy duty truck. From routine maintenance to a complete diesel engine rebuild, Diesels Only is your local Denver shop to have this work expertly done.

| top | home | map | emissions testing | transmissions |