1400 West Alameda
Denver, CO 80223
Here at Diesels Only we work on all the various Hino diesel engines, be it in your medium or heavy duty truck. From routine maintenance to a complete diesel engine rebuild, Diesels Only is your local Denver shop to have this work expertly done.
Hino Motors, Ltd, commonly known as simply Hino, is a manufacturer of diesel trucks, buses, and other vehicles, based in Hino, Tokyo, Japan. Since 1973 the company has been the leading producer of medium and heavy-duty diesel trucks in Japan. It is a subsidiary and a part of Toyota Motor Corporation group along with Lexus, Daihatsu and also a member of Toyota Group, one of the largest conglomerates in the world.
In 1942 the new entity of Hino Heavy Industry Co., Ltd. spun itself out from Diesel Motor Industry Co., Ltd., and the Hino name was born. Following the end of World War II, the company had to stop producing large diesel engines for marine applications, and with the signing of the treaty, the company dropped the "Heavy" from its name and formally concentrated on the heavy-duty trailer-trucks, buses and diesel engines markets, as Hino Industry Co., Ltd.
The company took its name from the location of its headquarters in Hino, Hino-shi city within Tokyo prefecture. To sharpen its marketing focus to customers, in 1948, the company added the name "Diesel" to become Hino Diesel Industry Co., Ltd.
In 1953, Hino entered the private car market, by manufacturing Renaults under licence, and in 1961 it started building its own Contessa 900 sedan with an 893cc rear-mounted engine, and a pickup truck called the Hino Briska with the Contessa engine slightly enlarged and installed in the front with rear wheel drive. The Italian stylist Giovanni Michelotti redesigned the Contessa line in 1964 with a 1300cc rear-mounted engine. Fed by two SU type carburettors, this developed 60 hp (44 kW) in the sedan and 70 hp (51 kW) in the coupé version.
However, Hino ceased private car production very quickly in 1967 after joining the Toyota group. Hino Trucks are also assembled in The Republic of Ireland by J Harris on the Naas/Nangor Roads.